This post was not my best moment, but I’m submitting it anyway.
Month 43 snapshot.
Navient – $13,898.75 @ 4.25%
NMAC – $12,571.66 @ 0%
Credit Card: $1,509 @ 11.99%
Total Debt: $27,979.41
401k – $10,803.59 ($8,088.48 vested)
Roth IRA – $3,562.49
Total Retirement: $14,366.08
- Some updates:
- $695 referenced in my last post
- $43 in Chase reward points
- Sold my Tesla stock and bought 3 more shares of AAPL
- Yelled at a Verizon rep since their automatic payment system didn’t work for 3 months in a row. I had late fees and a big nearly $300 bill.
- Close to $500 car insurance bill coming up next month.
- Considering Invisalign. My Dental insurance would cover half but the rest I’d be responsible for out of pocket. Could be up to $3k I figure broken down into 12 monthly payments. I did pay $4k for braces back in 2008 but that was to fix some very severe problems. I basically need to get my teeth shifted and put in a permanent retainer if I expect to keep the gap from coming back.
- Finally got enough in my HSA that I could expense my $300 dermatologist visit.
Prior to the Verizon incident I was planning to go back to New York and visit my family. Now I don’t feel like I have enough cash leftover to do so. That combined with other bills coming up make it almost impossible to travel without running up a huge credit card bill. My folks are house poor and don’t have extra money to visit me or pay for me to fly up there. So 2015 looks to be a year where I will do zero traveling to get myself out of this mess of student loan debt.
I could drive to a nearby city, go site-seeing, drink and things like that… but I am still single, don’t have any close friends or a love interest who I think would be interested. F*ck, not even one person has come by to hang out with me (that wasn’t a date / more than a ‘date’) at my apt since I moved here 11 months ago. Being lonely so often sucks. I get lots of interest on the dating apps, but rarely do things lead anywhere. I try to treat every new day as a new opportunity. The months of trying to get to know people has definitely worn down on soul. Being alone is even worse. I stayed home from work today due to how I felt and man that was horrible. Pretty much just binge watched tv shows…
Getting rid of these student loans has been a marathon, not a sprint. I’ve made so much progress, but have been stressed. I considered refinancing with SoFi or Earnest, but my rate would go up. My minimum required payment would go down, but I have little desire to drag this process out even more.
Thanksgiving coming up. Reminded of my deceased father, grandmother. I saw my ex for the first time on Black Friday 5 years ago. Rest of my family is 1500 miles away. No extra money to travel. Friends situation is 2/10, basically I only get invited to things because of my ex…. Dating life in the crapper. This post is kind of a bummer, just being real. Tomorrow is a new day. I’m grateful for the things I do have, but it sucks to be alone all the time.