Some recent events:
- Partner forgot to lock the doors to his car and someone opened his door at night between midnight and 7am, taking only a dollar and an old iPod Nano device he got for free. Since then I started locking the garage door which I really should’ve been doing in the first place.
- Starting to think about applying to other companies again. My bf said I should focus on how to make 60k in the next two years. That is not going to be an option at my current company. I don’t even think a base of 40 is likely.
- Got a raise. Slightly more than I expected and earning more than my last job, but still not anywhere near where I want to be. Don’t expect to get another one for the rest of the year.
- Likely not getting a bonus. We didn’t meet numbers as far as getting our customers to renew and our director basically said we’re f*cked. He hit home that a large part of that was people not taking accountability for their work. Would’ve been an extra $4-500 or so take home pay.
- Pretty sure the guy I used to work with / was DJing on the side got fired or was on the verge of it. He really wasn’t even trying.
- Sold bf’s old phone on ebay for $50. Cost me $13 to ship.
It’s 3:30AM and I’m having the worst sinus pain right now and my nose has been running what seems like nonstop for the past 24 hours. The weather in Dallas is especially cold, some nights even colder than NY. I really loathe seeing the doctor. Quickly prescribe a medication that is likely to wreak havoc on my gastrointestinal system. I may or may not call in sick for MLK Day. I have never not worked that day though perhaps I should on principle.
For the first time in a while I might have more than 2k in my bank account come next paycheck. ::Knock on wood::